While we understand that the odds of winning any lottery in a general sense are imposing, what are the actual odds of winning the Canadian Lottery? To be more specific, what are your odds on winning any of the jackpots associated with the Canada Lotto 6/49?
What Are The Odds Of Winning The Canadian Lottery?
To be honest, it’s easy to ignore the Canadian Lottery odds. After all, when you’re talking about something like the Canada Lotto 6/49 and Canada Lotto Max, you’re talking about some huge sums of money. Picking six numbers correctly can net you millions of dollars. Even picking less than six numbers correctly from a pool of 1-49 can score millions of dollars, hundreds of thousands of dollars, tens of thousands of dollars, and so forth. Then you have to consider the Guaranteed Prize Draw, which can score you a million dollars for matching your bonus ten numbers up to the ten that are picked on draw night.
Simply put, there are a lot of exciting ways to win with the national Canadian Lottery.
Because of all those exciting ways in which you can become a winner instantly, some people completely forget about the considerable odds they are facing. If you are one of these people, it may not be a bad idea to familiarize yourself with what you’re going up against. For some players, knowing the odds is absolutely essential.
Canadian Lottery Odds
Knowing the odds of winning the 6/49 Lotto shouldn’t discourage you by any means. There is absolutely nothing wrong with learning about your true chances. It can help you to stay grounded, and it can perhaps make you appreciate your victory all the more, should you match up two or more numbers to the ones that are picked each Wednesday and Saturday.
With that thought in mind, here are the odds as they currently stand:
- 6/6: This is the big jackpot. You win 79.5% of the current pool fund. Just keep in mind that the odds are 1 in 13, 983, 816.
- 5/6+: If you pick five numbers correctly, while also getting the bonus number right, you stand to win around 5.75% of the pool fund. The odds of doing so are 1 in 2, 330, 636.
- 5/6: Get five picks right, and you will win approximately 4.75% of the pool fund. The odds of this happening are 1 in 55, 492.
- 4/6: Four out of six numbers nets you 9% of the standing pool fund. The odds of doing this are 1 in 1, 033.
- 3/6: Did you get half of the picks right? Then you’ll win a nice ten dollar prize. The odds of doing this are approximately 1 in 56.7.
- 2/6+: If you pick two numbers, and then get the bonus number correct, you win five dollars. The odds of making this happen are 1 in 81.2.
- 2/6: Two numbers out of six scores a free play for next time. Your odds for this scenario are 1 in 8.3.
- Guaranteed Prize Drawing: This is the 1-million dollar payout. The odds vary from one drawing to the next.