The rules for Canadian Lotto 6/49 are fairly straightforward. Nonetheless, it is certainly a good idea for a newcomer to one of the two national lottery games in Canada to make sure they understand Canadian Lotto 6/49 rules implicitly. Taking the Lotto 6/49 rules seriously ensures you will have the absolute best opportunity to win some money, perhaps even the jackpot.
Canadian Lotto 6/49 is so popular because at the end of the day, the game is simplicity itself. This thought can very easily be applied to the basic range of rules that govern Canadian Lotto 6/49.
Canadian Lotto 6/49 Guidelines
Once again, Lotto 6/49 guidelines are pretty easy to pick up and memorize. This is perhaps one of the reasons why the game has become so tremendously popular, ever since it was first released to Canadians in 1982. Keep in mind that all of the rules and regulations that concern Canadian Lotto 6/49 are governed by a single acting body. This would be the Interprovincial Lottery Corporation. A complete list of rules and regulations concerning the game can be obtained through the Rules and Regulations Respecting Lotteries and Lottery Tickets of Interprovincial Lottery Corporation.
The rules concerning play are simple:
Any game of Lotto 6/49 consists of one selection of six numbers. The numbers range from one to forty-nine.
Play includes the ability to choose six numbers from the 49, in addition to a randomly generated series of ten additional numbers. This second set of numbers is the Guaranteed Prize Draw Selection, and you will note there is a dash between the first eight and last two numbers.
- You can play multiple picks on a single ticket.
- You can opt for the quick play, or you can choose the numbers yourself.
- In order to play Canadian Lotto 6/49, a player must present their completed number selection slip. They can also ask for a ticket in which all numbers have been randomly generated.
- The player is required to pay three dollars for each play. It is also possible to redeem a free play ticket that had been won during a previous drawing.
- A ticket will then be administered to the player. This ticket will include information such as the draw date or dates, the selections made for each play, and the amount that has been put up for wager. A free play is considered to be the same as a three-dollar play.
- On the draw date, the six main numbers will be chosen, in addition to the bonus number. These numbers are drawn at random from the one to forty-nine pool. The Guaranteed Prize Selection is also drawn.
- Any purchased, valid ticket with a winning combination of numbers will be entitled to the matching prize.
- Upon winning, the ticket holder has exactly one year to claim their winnings. This time begins upon completion of the draw.
Additional Lotto 6/49 Rules
There are additional rules concerning prize allocation and prize calculations that you may want to familiarize yourself with. The above represents a basic overview of the main rules of the game.
Learn More about Canadian Lotto 6/49